Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.58 Average
Update coming! Brave testers needed!
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed!

(10-21-2013, 03:12 PM)FlawlessHair Wrote: There was a thing I was thinking about...

Would it be possible that we could create our own potions?

I bet the health potion is:
When used
{
AddPlayerHealth(float);
}

What if we could create our own entity to be used in the inventory. We could be able to use variables, screen-effects, enhanced player action and more if we were able to do this.
Would it be possible?`

I'm sorry for making a new suggestion since it has already stopped, but I haven't thought about this before

I think this could be done already with a work around like this:

Make a custom health potion, name it as wished and give it a new icon. Make it so that it gives 0 health unless wished otherwise.

Make a script that triggers on pickup or when the potion is put in your inventory(trigger it however you wish to really). This script should check if the potion is in your inventory constantly, and trigger another script if it finds the potion to be missing. When you use the potion it would of course no longer be in your inventory which would therefore trigger the new script.

In the new script you put the desired function/effect of the potion and TADA! you have your own working custom potion.

Havent really tested this myself but in theory it should work something like this.
10-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Update coming! Brave testers needed! - by Patrik - 09-25-2013, 08:28 PM
RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - by WALP - 10-21-2013, 03:38 PM