Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.58 Average
Update coming! Brave testers needed!
ExpectedIdentifier Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed!

(12-10-2013, 08:38 AM)Patrik Wrote: If you're using custom models, some of them might behave differently in the update, however fixing this is pretty easy.
You won't have to start over. Smile

Before making any changes to your models, make a backup.
After making your changes, delete the model's msh file.
Basically make sure that your custom models all use a unit scale of 1 meter (you can open the dae file in a text editor and search for <unit and make sure the full line says <unit meter="1" name="meter"></unit>).
And also that the node transforms don't contain any matrices. I don't know how to avoid this when exporting your model, but to fix it after exporting, search in the file for any line beginning with <matrix sid="matrix"> and remove them.

Was really worried this would crash my game or make the objects appear huge, it worked fine though :-) Just thought I'd check for the second part, I deleted from <matrix> to the closing </matrix> tag - is this correct, or would I need to delete the rest of that line too (node_name, instance geometry, bind_material etc)?

Closure ModDB page:

[Image: 16LO8Sx]
12-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Update coming! Brave testers needed! - by Patrik - 09-25-2013, 08:28 PM
RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed! - by ExpectedIdentifier - 12-10-2013, 06:59 PM