Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Think the next game will require more?
Kappa048487127 Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Think the next game will require more?

(12-12-2013, 10:38 AM)Skandis Wrote: As any long-time fan can tell you, Amnesia was essentially Penumbra for those who thought it was too deep, hard and scary. Storyline was simplified, difficulty was toned down with gimmicks and stuff like no-autosave was removed for convenience and to tone down the scary.
I haven't been around quite as long as you, but I got into the series (Penumbra) in 2011.

I loved Penumbra, and after playing all the whol series going into Amnesia TDD was good, but not quite as good. Amnesia AMFP? I haven't finished it yet, however the lack of inventory, visible sanity, and that sort of thing reminded me of CoD (the new ones).

Kind of like this:
[Image: kA3tOL8.png]
Alright, well it's not that bad in AMFP, but it feels toned down.

(12-12-2013, 12:42 PM)Rya.Reisender Wrote: I think Amnesia TDD was quite a bit of an improvement over Penumbra. So my hopes for FG's future game are actually quite high.
As far as physics, and the graphics go? ya I think that they really did a great job improving everything. Story wise? I'd say that they were equal for the most part, and overall Penumbra just felt like you were actually Philip going through all this crazy garbage.

I'll admit since I did start off with Penumbra I tend to lean towards it more.
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2013, 01:18 PM by Kappa048487127.)
12-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Think the next game will require more? - by Kappa048487127 - 12-12-2013, 01:13 PM