Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Think the next game will require more?
maarten12100 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Think the next game will require more?

(12-16-2013, 06:18 PM)The Mug Wrote: In my opinion there's nothing wrong with a game being easy, as long as it does not display that to you. Its about getting that feeling of challenge or danger, but not the challenge or danger itself. I think AAMFP made it a little too clear that you were not in danger when they smacked doors shut behind you and items were 1-2 meters from were they needed to be placed.

Its about finding that balance, not being too easy to feel handheld, and not being too hard to be annoyed or pulled out of the experience.

Of course the painful truth is that players are often so different in skill, that it will take a long journey through testing hell to actually get close to it.
Been a while since I've posted here on the forums Heart

Well I didn't really get scared by the game. The mechanics of the "pigs" were so choppy that the only real panic moment was when I went in to make the photovoltaic acid to dissolve the lock. Then all of a sudden the corridors change and my brain struggles to make up an explanation for what is happening! Then I get back trough a series of doors that vanished once I looked around woooh what a race. The game is story telling the rest of the time and has annoying parts where you walk around without aim on iron platforms. Another thing that I found irritating was the fact that I had to read each and every note. Sure Philip didn't read anything to me in it's head but at least he gave simply commentary. Daniel read it all to me in his head. Daniel is such a nice guy when playing this game high Angel

Penumbra and TTD were such great horrors
10-07-2014, 01:06 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Think the next game will require more? - by maarten12100 - 10-07-2014, 01:06 AM