Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What made you play Amnesia or when was the first time you heard of it?
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

Threads: 17
RE: What made you play Amnesia or when was the first time you heard of it?

I actually first heard about the game when I was reading up on Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth, and found some links to other Lovecraftian Horror genre titles.

I was at least vaguely interested in it, being as I enjoyed DCotE so much that it got me wanting to play other games in the genre [because reading Lovecraftian Horror is fun, but playing it is exponentially more entertaining for me xD].

I first found out about Penumbra through YouTube's Elganko, who's DCotE playthrough I had watched, watched it [weirdly enough, part of what got me to watch the Black Plague videos was the game's subtitle itself and the video thumbnails showing off the marvelous lighting and that checkered floor xD], which got me interested in Frictional Games in general.
A little while later, I looked up a couple Amnesia Let's Plays [which, in turn, was my introduction to TheRadBrad's and Tobuscus' videos], and took an interest in it. Long story short, here I still am lol.

...The only people worthy of consideration are the unusual ones. Common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed. - L. Frank Baum
03-22-2014, 09:35 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What made you play Amnesia or when was the first time you heard of it? - by ThatCrazyShaman - 03-22-2014, 09:35 PM