Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How many puzzles?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tons of puzzles, I love adventure games
24.14%
21 24.14%
A reasonable amount, I don't want to spend 3/4 of the game solving puzzles, but I enjoy them
60.92%
53 60.92%
Not very many, I don't really like solving puzzles but a few here and there is okay
12.64%
11 12.64%
None at all, I want my game to be a movie
2.30%
2 2.30%
Total 87 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Should Soma be more like Penumbra or The Walking Dead?
SHODANFreeman Offline

Threads: 15
RE: Should Soma be more like Penumbra or The Walking Dead?

(06-27-2014, 11:55 AM)eliasfrost Wrote: Gamers, they are making products for people to buy, and showing that you can do more than one thing is good and shows that the developers are more competent than they already are. I certainly don't want to play another Amnesia, so if this game is like that I guess I'll skip it and play Penumbra or Amnesia instead.

The point is that they have already done 4 games, all with the same gameplay, story-telling technique, theme etc. It gets unispiring after the fourth time, now I haven't actually played SOMA so I can't really tell but something tells me that they went with the safe option again like they did with Amnesia.

I'd much prefer each developer just continue making amazing games in the genre they're comfortable with and good at. It's like saying that a metal band is wasting their potential because they won't play pop. Growing and evolving their style is expected, throwing it out the window and starting from scratch in unfamiliar territory is not.
07-21-2014, 06:43 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Soma be more like Penumbra or The Walking Dead? - by SHODANFreeman - 07-21-2014, 06:43 AM