Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teleporting Jolts & Player Position Variables
Horrorable Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Teleporting Jolts & Player Position Variables

(02-14-2014, 10:58 PM)Amn Wrote: What if the one changing it's the level and not the player?

Not sure I understand what you mean. Are you suggesting switching the map instead of just moving the player? That wouldn't work because there would be a loading screen. Or do you mean somehow move the map instead of the player? I'm not sure how that would work...

(02-14-2014, 04:55 PM)WIWWM Wrote: but there isnt as far as i know, you could make 3 or 4 area and if they walk into that into area a then they get teleported to area a(2) in the second hallway. Fixes the sneaking along the wall problem.

Yeah this is what I'm working with right now. There's still a jolt but much smaller. Also if they are midjump during the teleport they suddenly find themselves on the ground again. If no one else can figure out a better way I guess I'll just add a lot of black fog and just hope they don't notice the small jolt from this method. Not sure how to fix the jumping problem.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2014, 12:13 AM by Horrorable.)
02-14-2014, 11:09 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teleporting Jolts & Player Position Variables - by Horrorable - 02-14-2014, 11:09 PM