Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Spoiler Does amnesia have deeeeper meaning? Cult of Amnesia?
daortir Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Does amnesia have deeeeper meaning? Cult of Amnesia?

Okay, what follows is just mah opinion on the theories we can make about TDD, it's pretty personal ^^.

I think you might want to look towards Lovecraft works if you want to make theories. The connection with his work are very clear (crazy cities with insane architectures are referenced in a note). The Orbs are of course links to other dimensions (and are used as such by Alexander), and those dimensions look a lot like HPL's descriptions of demented cities (some in what has once been the Leng Plateau). If the Orbs are still on Earth, it might have to do with the Elder Ones, but I don't really think FG bothered with that.

To me they took some HPL inspiration to make a story involving the orbs, their guardian and a creature trying to go back to his original dimension. I honestly think it's very straightforward, and I really think Dark Matter basically hasn't got much to do with the game, but it's always interesting to read original theories ^^.

Still you have interesting points about greed for knowledge and power beyond his comprehension from Alexander, because this is a very classic Lovecraftian theme.

Let's sum this up :

I doubt the game has a billion hidden secrets. To me the story is pretty simple and if you are looking for additional explanations, look towards what inspired at least a part of its story : Lovecraft's short stories: ) !

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2014, 09:55 PM by daortir.)
02-15-2014, 09:48 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does amnesia have deeeeper meaning? Cult of Amnesia? - by daortir - 02-15-2014, 09:48 PM