Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What's the best gaming PC for Amnesia
kwarrior109 Offline

Threads: 2
RE: What's the best gaming PC for Amnesia

(03-21-2014, 08:42 PM)Mudbill Wrote: So you want a pre-built one? You know that if you build your own, or at least order your own parts separately, you will save more money as well as get better performance. For like $1000 you can get an alright laptop, but if you use $1000 for custom parts, you'll get a semi-strong desktop.

If you want a really powerful PC for recent games, I suggest spending like $2000. If you can do that, it will probably last you for quite a few years and still let you run new games at a good framerate. Perhaps it won't run the most intensive games at ultra, but at reduced settings it will definitely get you over 60 FPS. 60+ FPS is great. Anything more usually isn't visible, but below that you will notice stuttering. I'd take a v-synced 60 FPS over 300 unsynced any day.

Now, since you said you wanted a pre-built tower, a really quick visit to amazon.com gave me this result. By the looks of it, it's as I said; semi-strong. It's just below $1000 and the specs seem fairly good. I would personally prefer an Intel processor and an AMD graphic card, but this should work fine.

Are you a tech savvy person? If you are, I suggest looking into custom parts. A quick video on Youtube will tell you how to assemble it, just be careful with them and you'll be fine.

These are some of my specs, and I get quite good framerate on the games that I play.

- Intel i7 Quad-core @ 3.4 GHz
- 8GB DDR3 RAM
- AMD Radeon HD 6970M
- 1TB Internal HDD

I have quite a lot more, but I won't need to list it. I get a stable 60 FPS in Amnesia, Skyrim and Minecraft in 1080p resolution. When it comes to Minecraft, if I disable v-sync it usually chills around 200-300 FPS. I haven't checked Amnesia without limiting the FPS to 60, but I always use v-sync because it makes it more smooth.

Hope this puts things into perspective.

Hmm, I might have to give that idea a try, it's probably easier to build a computer than to find a good pre-built computer that has a decent price, alright tell me all the specs you recommend me to use then I'll look up which store has the best price for them, btw thanks for the help.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2014, 09:35 PM by kwarrior109.)
03-21-2014, 09:19 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's the best gaming PC for Amnesia - by kwarrior109 - 03-21-2014, 09:19 PM