Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Questions About the Manpigs
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Do the Pigmen technically kill you, or just knock you out?

(03-30-2014, 03:08 AM)Alardem Wrote: The largest problem with the 'Mandus revived by Compound' theory is that he himself doesn't make electrical sources flicker, whereas the Pigs do. Then again, he DOES teleport a couple of times in the laboratory and in the Tesla Tower, which is behavior similar to the water-monsters and Tesla-Pigs.

Also, I suppose one can interpret the body in the Iron Lung to be the Professor's - which would explain why the Machine sounds like him. The issue would be wondering why the Professor was so important to Mandus' scheme.

Speaking of Justine, there are hints that her father - driven insane by the Star Stone - was the one who created the elaborate torture dungeon beneath the Florbelle mansion. It could be that he had been attempting to create a Machine just like Mandus had. "Luckily", his daughter stopped his progress and was content to use his dungeon for the more idle purpose of torturing her lovers.

One thing about the immortaility idea is that I don't know if I'd say for certain that the ~ actually has that specific side effect. The Manpigs do seem to have the ability to die, judging from the one that's half buried in the churchyard, as well as the one that gets owned by the Tesla. They might be biologically immortal, but I don't know if I'd go as far to say permanently immortal.
There could be another explanation for the teleporting thing - I just have no idea what xD.
Honestly, the first time it happened when I played the game, I figured either the otherworldly presence from the stone egg was doing it, since doors like to disappear/lock/unlock themselves [although why couldn't it just do that all the time, then? Just blew a hole in that theory lol], or the Tesla itself has some sort of effect on other creatures in close proximity to it - assuming it didn't bash their skulls in immediately before it could happen, that is. Of course, the other party would have to have no idea at all that it was right next to them, essentially.
I suppose it could also be a phenomenon connected to the particular environment itself, though I'm not quite sure how that would work... Really, this whole thing makes me think of photons [since they have the ability to disappear and reappear elsewhere]. There's some Quantum Leap-esque stuff going on here.
On a further side note, one thing that bugged me a bit with the 'Oswald is a Manpig' theory was that people attempted to use that scene near the end with the Wretch standing with the twins as an example, but I'm nearly 100% certain that the scene was meant to be a reference to the whole thing with him having regarded his creations as his replacement children.
It's also possible there's a Wretch physically standing there watching him, as once the twins vanish, he's still there.
True, true. Could have just been a matter of preference, really. Sure, he hates all these [well-to-do?] scumbags, but he probably can tolerate some, at least slightly, more than others. It would be interesting to explore that idea for some deeper meaning, if there was anything to really explore. It brings to mind that philosophy about people hating those that remind them of themselves, but having a subconcious affection for them.
You know, that never even crossed my mind. It would certainly make sense, if we assume that her father had a similar idea to Mandus', just on a smaller scale. It gives me the sense of a distinct 'technology will be the death of us all' theme.
Makes me wonder if FG will ever be involved with a project that has a full-on Isaac Asimov-type of story Big Grin [Amnesia: I, Robot lol]

...The only people worthy of consideration are the unusual ones. Common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed. - L. Frank Baum
04-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do the Pigmen technically kill you, or just knock you out? - by ThatCrazyShaman - 04-12-2014, 09:46 PM