Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Responsibilities of the Consumer in the Entertainment Industry?
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Responsibilities of the Consumer in the Entertainment Industry?

I know I'm a bit late to the party, here, so more than likely I won't be saying anything particularly astounding, but for the sake of adding my personal feelings on the subject:

It's fine to like mass-produced, high polished, low grade story telling games. However, to me, video games are an art, and critiquing and thinking critically about their content can make them better than they were in the past. For example, I looooooooooove Amnesia (both TDD and AMFP), but there's still room for improvement. By thinking about what we consume, we can learn and make it better. But not everyone has that kind of investment in the product. For the majority, games are just something they do to kill time. And that's okay. But for me, and so many people here, it's much more. And we're the ones that can help make things better, even though sometimes, to the average consumer, those efforts will go unnoticed.

TL;DR: Consumers gonna consume, but those of us that share the passion can move the industry forward instead of letting it stagnate.

04-07-2014, 02:56 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Responsibilities of the Consumer in the Entertainment Industry? - by VaeVictis - 04-07-2014, 02:56 AM