The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED]Help fix my old story, Standards of Hell!
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
Heart  [SOLVED]Help fix my old story, Standards of Hell!

[Image: standardsofhell.png]

For anyone wondering, a long time ago (2012) I was working on a full conversion wherein I wanted to retell the story of Diablo 1 with Amnesia's darkness and stealth mechanics. Here is the modDb page for it. I had a pretty decent groundwork laid out, with an entire intro sequence taking place in the town of Tristram with voice acting and scripting, and a solid 10 minutes of exploration in the first level of the dungeons.

Well, the computer I was making that on died. Absolutely fried. I was able to get everything off of it and onto my new computer, but I never got it working on this one. However, I can open every level in the editor and no error messages pop up, so I know I'm not missing anything crucial. This leads me to believe it's a problem with the config files, especially considering I had the exact same problem (crash on startup) with Bitterwood Peak when I was finalizing that for release. However, that was a while ago, and to be honest, I really hate fucking around with config files.

Reasons why it would be in everyone's interest to help me out getting this fixed:
1) I have improved a lot since 2012 in the mapping and lighting department, and have expanded my mind in terms of imaginative architecture.
2) I had a lot made already, with the help of some other people including the fabulous mapper Hardarm.
3) I had some unique gameplay ideas going on, and had already written one into the game. In Diablo 1, there were occasional tomes that you could find and read. I incorporated these into the mod, and not only do they add immensely to the atmosphere I created and illustrate the story for the player, but they also act as a save point. That's right, I made something that was functionally useless in Diablo 1 have merit! I also made scrolls of identify, with the intention of making them have a purpose.
4) The experience of playing a previously hero-based isometric gothic-themed video game in first person, as you play the part of a drunken fool named Eli who is sent in as a meat shield. You can pick up weapons, but can't actually swing them hard enough to hurt any of the murderous demons that want to slay you. It's a completely different take on an already existing world with heavy satanic imagery and terrifying demons and visuals. Pretty much what I always imagined when I played this game as a kid.

Perhaps someone who knows how to properly set up full conversions (Traggey helped me a lot with BWP) could download what I have and take a look? Romulator fixed it!!

Thank you all for your time, and I sincerely hope that we can figure this out! I don't think a gem like this should be forgotten about. Smile

[Image: signature-2.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2014, 09:05 AM by Streetboat.)
04-29-2014, 06:38 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
[SOLVED]Help fix my old story, Standards of Hell! - by Streetboat - 04-29-2014, 06:38 AM