Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post-mortem by Peter Howell
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43
RE: Post-mortem by Peter Howell

(05-24-2014, 05:57 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: I'm sorry, but...

Did Peter Howell and Dan Pinchbeck actually work together on this project?

[...]

There's an epidemic of short memories over at TCR:

Before release:

Dan Wrote:"We want this game to be absolutely skin-crawlingly, heart-shatteringly, and nerve-jarringly terrifying -- that's the target. Everything is geared around that. Just turning people to complete ice and making them have complete meltdowns"
Dan Wrote:"The thing is, if we don't frighten people as much as the original, then we've failed."
Dan Wrote:"It has to be absolutely, bone-shatteringly, terrifying. That was the key thing, Thomas said “If we don’t get as many Youtube videos of people spazzing out, then we haven’t done our job.”"

After release:

Dan Wrote:@C418:
@ChineseRoom I like the new Amnesia because it feels more like a game than its predecessor. But I got much less creeped out as a result

@ChineseRoom
@C418 yes, we wanted people to finish the game so had different priorities to the first. Glad you liked it
Jess Wrote:A lot of people have said to us, so, you're trying to follow up on what's been called the scariest game ever made, in The Dark Descent, how do you do that? and Dan and I were talking about it yesterday, and he said "actually, I didn't want to make it as scary"...

(05-24-2014, 10:55 AM)Chieftain1 Wrote: I have said in the "A Machine for Pigs How should it been" I wish that The Chinese Room will remake/re-release/redone AMFP but that will probably will never happen. We can only dream how the original version will like...

They don't seem adverse to the idea of remakes (Dear Esther is getting its second full remake as I write this), so it's possible!

05-24-2014, 02:38 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Post-mortem by Peter Howell - by Paddy™ - 05-24-2014, 01:48 AM
RE: Post-mortem by Peter Howell - by Paddy™ - 05-24-2014, 03:06 AM
RE: Post-mortem by Peter Howell - by Ashtoreth - 05-24-2014, 05:57 AM
RE: Post-mortem by Peter Howell - by Paddy™ - 05-24-2014, 02:38 PM
RE: Post-mortem by Peter Howell - by nofsky - 05-25-2014, 03:54 PM
RE: Post-mortem by Peter Howell - by Ashtoreth - 05-25-2014, 05:45 PM