The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help Changing the Skin of Amnesia Monsters: Can it be done?
AlexWM05 Offline

Threads: 2
Changing the Skin of Amnesia Monsters: Can it be done?

Hey guys! Trying to get my motivation back to it's peak and finally get this god-forsaken custom story done! So here is one of the many questions that I need to ask after fiddling around for a bit.

I've been trying to give a new look for some of the Amnesia monsters so that I can avoid making the experience feel too recycled. Along with new sounds, I'm giving it some new textures too. I recently made use of paint.NET to alter the saturation and pigments of the Grunt's skin for example in order to make it look more bloody and fleshy.

.png   vermillion_greg.png (Size: 283 KB / Downloads: 253)

I've applied the new textures on the Model Editor, and even though it aesthetically works on the editor, when I ran it on test, it transverses back to it's standard texture mode.

.png   vermillion_greg2.png (Size: 255.77 KB / Downloads: 219)

I'm dreading the thought to having to go all the way back to it's roots and use blender in order to apply the new textures in a more proper fashion if that's what this software requires me to do.

I'm trying to work with this on other entities too. Like the mask from AMFP. But I'm having the same problem; returns to it's regular textures when the entity runs in game. Blah.

.png   mask.png (Size: 256.78 KB / Downloads: 225)

So any of you guys this there's a way to make this magic happen? If so, what should be my courses of action? If blender does happen to be involved, I'll be sure to look up some video tutorials of some kinds that would help me.
06-19-2014, 09:12 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Changing the Skin of Amnesia Monsters: Can it be done? - by AlexWM05 - 06-19-2014, 09:12 PM