Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help Changing the Skin of Amnesia Monsters: Can it be done?
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Changing the Skin of Amnesia Monsters: Can it be done?

(06-20-2014, 12:15 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: NOT totally true here..
I did it with paint.Tongue
Just COPY the entire folder of the monster.
Then easely add the texture format(s)
I have done that with some other monsters ( could been seen in Mental Memorial - The Monsters from Tenebris Lake. )
And also the GIRL from another story i cant remember the name Phobia something.. ( can been seen in Premonition )
Change the dds. if was this for me ( stalker.dds )
---
It wont be very easy because the monsters have 2 sizes LEFT and RIGHT..
Just play around what you have.
(06-20-2014, 02:45 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Open the .dae model file to the grunt in a text editor. Search up ".dds" (that should be all it takes to find the texture file), then replace the name with your new texture. The mapping should stay the same.

After that, you might also need to create a new .mat file for it. Try opening the new monster in the Model Viewer, and if the .mat file is not present, it should generate it for you. After that you can edit it with the Material Editor to be like the original.

I haven't tried this with monsters myself, but I think it should work. Give it a try, will ya?

Guess I have 2 new ways to re-texture a monster.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
06-20-2014, 01:01 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changing the Skin of Amnesia Monsters: Can it be done? - by PutraenusAlivius - 06-20-2014, 01:01 PM