Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creative Maps! - What YOU Want to See!
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Creative Maps! - What YOU Want to See!

Well, let's take this with calm, okay?

Let's see:

Yes, indeed: the amount of resources that Amnesia offers is limitated. It would feel like that to do something new, you need custom assets---FALSE

Yup, false. Yeah, maybe people get tired of seeing the same floor over and over again, but a new material is something pretty easy to create, actually. I can show people how to make them if they ask me.

So, MsHannerBananer:

If you want, I can P.M you with things I'm going to do in my story, and how I'm going to make them, so you get a glimpse of how I try to innovate in these matters. I think that would definitely help you.

About Robosprog:

Yup, the underground laboratory has been done to death. But, what's the deal with many other things? Why don't we get tired of seeing very similar environments in different horror games? The mansion theme has been done a lot, the castle theme, a lot, the asylum, a lot... what adds the touch is the context.

Sure, an underground laboratory is something typical. But what assets are used for it?

Consider it: most of modders don't know how to make custom content. They use what they have with Amnesia. What really makes a cellar area with the same assets differ from another one is the story and context behind it. Custom assets help, but these aren't the most important.

An underground laboratory can be done in many ways, not just the typical dungeonbase, though.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
07-03-2014, 08:32 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creative Maps! - What YOU Want to See! - by The chaser - 07-03-2014, 08:32 PM