Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

TDD & Penumbra Being Removed From GOG by September 2nd
Magmarock Offline

Threads: 5
RE: TDD & Penumbra Being Removed From GOG by September 2nd

(08-29-2014, 01:50 PM)jens Wrote: -SNIP-
It should have little impact as either you already have the game and can continue using it, or you do not have the game and do not want it, or you do not have the game but really want it, in which case 80% off is the cheapest (I think) it has ever been offered for on GOG.

The impact is still felt but in a different way.

There are still plenty of people that don't know about GOG and won't be able to buy TDD/Penumbra or be gifted.

Another problem that can occur is that the GOG version will no longer receive updates and patches. With Windows 9 on the way there may be some compatibility issue. Other version of the game such as Steam will be updated and patched, but the GOG version will carries problems.

I'm very displeased with the removal of these games despite already owning them. I wanted TDD/Penumbra on GOG for ages and bought them on day one despite already owning on Steam. Now that their gone with little to any likelihood of returning, it's just depressing. Not only that but is there any hope of Frictrional's newer projects making it to GOG.

Let me finish by saying I'm not pointing any fingers or taking sides here. I've ask this of GOG and Nordic as well to please work on bringing these games back.

It's immensely satisfying to truly own a game without the DRM in one place.

Thanks for reading.
09-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: TDD & Penumbra Being Removed From GOG by September 2nd - by Magmarock - 09-02-2014, 03:08 PM