The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The August 2014 Celebrity Nude Photo Leaks
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
The August 2014 Celebrity Nude Photo Leaks

This is a little event that has been causing quite a bit of stir on the internet the past couple days, so I thought I'd make a thread to see what everyone thinks about it.

For those who don't know here is a quick summary of what has happened in a nutshell taken from Wikipedia:

Quote:On August 31, 2014, almost 200 private pictures of various celebrities, mostly females and with many containing nudity, were posted to the image board website 4chan.

Many people have since then viewed the pictures, and the affected celebrities have also responded their disgust to what has been happening.

It seems that the pictures were taken from cloud storage on Apple. Many people have stated that the celebrities partially brought this onto themselves by leaving the photos in cloud storage, giving way to the hacker being able to acquire them.

---------------------------------

First off, regarding the fact that some people are putting blame on the celebrities for bringing this onto themselves...I think it is not without merit, but is still ridiculous all the same.

It is definitely true that celebrities should be more careful with such photos, but to say that the ordeal is partially their fault is outrageous. That is like saying that girls are partially at fault for being raped because they wore skimpy clothing.

I thin it is a case of the victims should have taken more caution, BUT it is not their fault at all.

Next regarding the actual photos which have been leaked, and those who decide to view them this is what I have to say:

Not looking at the leaked celebrity nude is the small act of showing sympathy to the celebrities affected, and respecting their wishes that they do not wish for these pictures to be seen...even if it is just by you. Looking at the pictures shows a lack of respect for what they would've wanted.

There is no one stopping you from looking at the pictures, nothing can stop you if you wanted. It is just that one should bear in mind that the celebrities who didn't want this whole ordeal to happen wishes the fewer people who look at the pictures the better. There's no doubt that they made a mistake, and are suffering for it. But it would greatly help that we helped them suffer less by doing what they wished...even if it is in secret, and no one will realize what we are doing.

To decide not to look at the pictures is as whole nothing more than an act of personal conscience. It will not do anything for the real world at all. The only thing it will do is let yourself know that you are doing the right thing in respecting the wishes of the celebrities.

But....this is probably asking for too much from the majority of people these days.

These are basically my thoughts on the matter. I'd love to hear yours (And I hope I don't regret making this thread)!

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
The August 2014 Celebrity Nude Photo Leaks - by Kreekakon - 09-04-2014, 12:01 PM