The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water Monster Troubles
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34
Water Monster Troubles

I've noticed that I always have problems with my water monsters. Originally I didn't want to include a water monster because of this, however changed my mind as of late.

In the original levels of amnesia with the kaernk, they have no SCRIPTED pathnodes set up so the little buggers to follow, just pathnodes in the editor for them to follow.

My problem is that I find that not scripting the pathnodes, and leaving the water monster to just "find it's own way" amongst the various pathnodes, it won't move at all.

When I do script in the pathnodes, it'll move amongst the water, however won't follow them to find an appropriate path. I'll turn a corner and instead of following the nodes around the corner, he just turns and runs into a wall. If it weren't for the fact that it's a computer monster that isn't actually real, I'd make a lot of jokes about how not-so-smart the little bastard is.

Anyone know of any solutions?

09-11-2014, 12:15 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Water Monster Troubles - by MsHannerBananer - 09-11-2014, 12:15 AM
RE: Water Monster Troubles - by burge4150 - 09-11-2014, 01:58 AM
RE: Water Monster Troubles - by Mudbill - 09-11-2014, 07:55 AM
RE: Water Monster Troubles - by MsHannerBananer - 09-11-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: Water Monster Troubles - by Daemian - 09-15-2014, 07:35 PM