Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

An idea for a game
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: An idea for a game

all the things suggested have been done in other games, one or two even in Console Titles, the hierachy sysrem, for example, was in the Brilliant! "Die Hard: Vendetta", a Dreamcast game made by a small british studio! and the "constant bodies" was in Deus Ex all those years ago, if old consoles and computers could do most of them, then a modern computer should have no issue doing all of them.

the only thing that is impossible is the sentient AI, as mainstream computers dont have the ability for conceptual thaught, but it wouild be possible to get very close with some very detailed AI Scripting.

i mean. ok, so the computer wouldnt be thinking for itself, just running a basic" I vs O" logic system. but it would "feel" sentient, a good example is on Playstation one of all systems!, the first medal of honour, if you lobbed a grenade at the enemy, it would trigger the following equasion (i wont put it in script, but "laymans" english) "is the grenade in reach? I (yes) throw back or kick back./ 0 (no) RUN!... is there an higher ranking NPC nearby? I: throw yourself on grenade. 0: see earlier script" like i said Playstation ONE was doing that so this brain dead "run at grenades and ignore them" AI seen today is lazy/inept programming, not computer hardware restrictions.

so with some good scripting you could create a resonably smart AI, ok so it wont have much emotion only "agressive" or "thaughtfull", (again I or O), and it wont be able to work out its own objectives, it will need them "waypointed" in, and the actions scripted, but, you could script it with a choice of waypoints and actions depending on what it is armed with, its "intellect" factor, and its proximity to objectives, but it would be able to flank the player, actively hunt them down, take cover from fire, and throw back grenades, and obey a "heirachy" system. all the scripts for that have been done before in various games, so it wouldnt be too difficult to get them all combined, the difficulty is in finding a non lazy and or competent developer who can or will do it.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2012, 08:27 PM by the dark side.)
08-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
An idea for a game - by yman - 08-25-2009, 03:02 AM
RE: An idea for a game - by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 08-09-2012, 10:19 AM
RE: An idea for a game - by Bridge - 08-09-2012, 06:40 PM
RE: An idea for a game - by Juby - 08-09-2012, 08:14 PM
RE: An idea for a game - by the dark side - 08-09-2012, 08:25 PM
RE: An idea for a game - by Googolplex - 08-09-2012, 08:49 PM
RE: An idea for a game - by the dark side - 08-09-2012, 09:02 PM