The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanting to try make a fan translation but no language font support?
immortalmewtwo Offline

Threads: 1
Wanting to try make a fan translation but no language font support?

Heya.

This has been bugging me for a few months, and I've been wanting to try to make a Japanese translation for both TDD and AMFP (because I want to put my understanding of Japanese to real-world use). However, whenever I load the game to see the results, either the text doesn't appear or is garbage character or symbols.

I've looked into how the font files work and they seem to be mapped to .dds files that when opened in visual studio, only show the russian characters? I've given a go at making my own .fnt files with Japanese characters in the .fnt files, but this results in a crash Sad

I really want to give translation a go, but being unable to even see my results as I go is a little disheartening. I'm working off a Mac game, and I'm assuming that the files FG made for the game are multiplatform across all versions of the game. If FG could make a multilanguage .fnt pack, that would be great, but forum help is the first place to go to.

Many thanks for any help.
05-02-2015, 11:23 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Wanting to try make a fan translation but no language font support? - by immortalmewtwo - 05-02-2015, 11:23 AM