Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thoughts on "Social Justice Warrior" Branding
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49
RE: Thoughts on "Social Justice Warrior" Branding

I've been in this kind of situation actually. I made a little a joke regarding the jews in a way or another - just a bad simile - so of course there was one that got offended. My methods to settle this were: I told it was a joke, no insults intended; then I adviced to consider his way of riposte: although one might get offended, it's better to settle things with a more rational way. Especially In this case, the insults were uneccessary. Now it wasn't only him who was hurt, but it was me; those words were genuine, coming from the bottom of his heart. Last thing was that I told him to learn perceive where the lines of joking and mockery go. It's not a good thing, if one gets deeply insulted from a simple misunderstanding. I do not know did he forgive me - he just stopped posting. But my apology got a lot of thumbs up, so I presume I did the right thing.
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2015, 09:04 PM by Red.)
06-08-2015, 09:02 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on "Social Justice Warrior" Branding - by Red - 06-08-2015, 09:02 PM