Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thoughts on "Social Justice Warrior" Branding
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Thoughts on "Social Justice Warrior" Branding

Quote:An example: Say there are three people A, B, and C. A makes a joke about cancer. B has lost family to cancer and is offended by this joke and tells A this. A thinks that his joke was just a joke and that there was nothing wrong with it at all. C comes in and tries to explain to A in a reasonable fashion why cancer jokes can be offensive for certain people. A still firmly believes that he was not wrong in making the joke and calls C a "social justice warrior".

I'll openly argue that I am Person C. For one thing, I can't see myself getting angry about another person's mistakes, misunderstandings or just plain stupidity. I have this moral feeling on the inside which simply says that I am not Person A, so I don't need to agree with his/her actions, but rather justify what is good and/or bad about what they have said.

I like to also think that it provides me with a bit more of a 'logical' and more mature method of approaching topics which arise like this, even if I throw in a joke or two. I believe I can get my point across by appealing to a sense of maturity and stating what I know while only attacking someone directly for the most dire of attacks.

I guess also that I cannot really be a Person B unless someone purposefully jokes about Suicide. I'm glad I haven't had to deal with much else other than that topic for the past eighteen years, but I've always been one to stand up when a Person A comes along.

Feel free to change my "Posting Freak" to "Social Justice Warrior", because if someone does brand me as one, then at least I believe I am doing the right thing. I'm always open to solve conflict while creating as little conflict as possible between me and Person A. I don't like seeing a small clash of opinion turn ugly, so I'll do my bit, say a few words or paragraphs and try to work towards a resolution in as little time as possible.

Sorry if I more or less missed the whole point of the topic - the actual labelling of SJW's are sort of a new thing to me.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
06-10-2015, 03:58 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on "Social Justice Warrior" Branding - by Romulator - 06-10-2015, 03:58 PM