Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So...where 're all the "Danger is near" music ?
MrSteve Offline

Threads: 4
RE: So...where 're all the "Danger is near" music ?

I think it all boils down to personal taste.

Take a game like Alien Isolation. There's a real emphasis of the horror 'music' when the Alien is upon you, when you're hiding. It gives that whole sense of 'oh crap, it's found me and there's nowhere to run'.

For me, that's how it felt. For a friend of mine, he just found it frustrating, because he said he knew when and not to make a run for it. For him, half the fun was thinking 'Am I safe now?' taking one step out of a locker and then being impaled through the stomach. We also used to make fun of each other, because I would stay put and eventually get found, because the music kept me there Smile

I can see the charm in what he's saying. To make something more real to the player; should you maintain the constant sense of danger, even when they are totally safe? This was something that was acheived in Amnesia, but like you say, people quickly adapted.

I certainly think this is a topic for larger discussion.

I guess it depends if you're a 'RUN AWAY' person or a 'HIDE IN THE CELLAR, IT'LL NEVER FIND YOU THERE!...' kind of person.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2015, 11:34 AM by MrSteve.)
07-09-2015, 11:22 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: So...where 're all the "Danger is near" music ? - by MrSteve - 07-09-2015, 11:22 AM