Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SOMA: Preview discussion thread (CONTAINS SPOILERS)
MrSteve Offline

Threads: 4
RE: SOMA: Preview discussion thread (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Well......that shuts me up Smile

(08-20-2015, 05:57 PM)Rapture Wrote: Well most target audiences (nothing against them) are stupid when it comes to technology. A very low percentage of the population have a decent amount of knowledge of it. Most people think it's somehow this amazing magical technology.

That is a big reason to why we use current-generation objects. (If people have a hard enough time understand objects in 2015, adding more confusing technology won't help)

Another big reason is like I said before, using something to outlandish (even if you can imagine it) will only draw attention to it's faults.

Imagination != Reality

Until people spend the money researching and doing all the Trials & Errors in making something. You never really know how or what a technology will do. We have been imagining walking, working robots for over 100 years. But we are still in the stone age in perfecting one.

Their are a bunch of other points I can make, but I think "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" sums up why changing technology doesn't help for the sake of We Are In The Future.

Sorry. I just saw this!

All very decent points. I guess as well that having ultra futuristic tech would not fit with the grimy falling apart research station that Frictional are aiming for.

Good read. Thanks Smile
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2015, 12:49 PM by MrSteve.)
08-26-2015, 12:47 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: SOMA: Preview discussion thread (CONTAINS SPOILERS) - by MrSteve - 08-26-2015, 12:47 PM