Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spoiler Great game, but a lot of missed opportunities. In-depth feedback
Lazoriss Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Great game, but a lot of missed opportunities. In-depth feedback

Don't know how long a thread has to be unused before being considered dead, but here I go anyways.

I agree with a lot of what you said. It's not that I think AMFP is a bad game. I really liked it when it first came out, but looking back I can see where it was heavily flawed.

Zero item interaction: Don't even know why this was taken out. Being able to interact with the environment was one of the staple aspects of Amnesia and Penumbra. An easy way to highly increase immersion.

Butcher Line: I fully agree here. The concept art for the game focused a lot on the Butcher line and contained a lot of gore (the dinner table painting was incredibly gory). The actual game barely showed this part, which was massively disappointing. Would have been super cool if you had actually been captured and put into the factory line, forcing you to helplessly witness the butchering and having to finally escape before being callously slaughtered yourself.

Showing is better than telling: Any deeper part of the story was incredibly crypic, and the many long notes of purple-prose made things even more difficult to understand. Gave a massive 2deep4u vibe. Combine this with the fact that you play an unrelatable and pretty messed up character does't help either. Ended up not having a lot of feelings towards the characters. The only one that still stands out at this point is the Machine. It had a lot of presence and felt like the most coherent character in the game.
12-06-2015, 06:09 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Great game, but a lot of missed opportunities. In-depth feedback - by Lazoriss - 12-06-2015, 06:09 AM