Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Game idea stuff for someone to make on the HPL 1 engine :P
OmniT00 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Game idea stuff for someone to make on the HPL 1 engine :P

(09-15-2015, 10:11 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: Word of advice: For larger projects like this one which require a higher than little amount of devotion from a team, it is highly preferable that you are able to bring something yourself to the table besides your ideas. if you are able to for example show off some smaller works that you have previously made then people would be more keen to join in making a game with you since there is proof that you have the skills to see a smaller scale project through and may have the potential to now work on a bigger one with other people.

If you do not have experiences with smaller projects however, I would recommend you to learn an engine first and try making some small scale projects on your own to get a feel for things and THEN try to go one step further and make bigger projects which require multiple people.

Well, see, thats the thing: No matter what I do, how much I learn, and all of that, I still never get the hang of game design.

Trust me, literally a year ago, I was working in game maker (Literally, just started) and either out of laziness or stupidity, I literally FORGOT all I learned.

Plus, I'm not exact adept in coding.

And, well, honestly? This is just for people to have as their own game and such, letting someone else take the reins in this due to my inability to (I'm not kidding) not even know even C++.

And trust me when I say, if I had the coding, modelling, animating, texture working, etc. skills long before hand, I honestly would be working on this game myself, but since I don't, I'm going to let someone else lead this project, just giving them an idea.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2015, 12:47 PM by OmniT00.)
09-15-2015, 12:34 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game idea stuff for someone to make on the HPL 1 engine :P - by OmniT00 - 09-15-2015, 12:34 PM