Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MASSIVE PLOT SPOILER DISCUSSION] - WAU
humanoid Offline

Threads: 3
RE: [MASSIVE PLOT SPOILER DISCUSSION] - WAU

Very interesting thoughts, especially 7) made me reconsider a lot about the story and changes the implications of many of your choices ingame.

(09-25-2015, 01:23 PM)1minus1is0 Wrote: 9) There was no massacre at Theta and the only people who died were those that committed suicide and those that escaped. Everyone else is perfectly alive and connected to WAU in some way. Akers described this state as a "lucid dream" and I dont think its a walk in the park sunshine and roses kind of deal, more like a vague purgatory limbo and pretty not fun.
Where did he describe this? From what I gathered its actually similar to the ARK (as in your mind is living in an artificial world).
Perhaps even better since that life seems to be based on your previous life and/or your idea of a happy life instead of some foreign new world.
We've seen a glimpse of that after Simon-2 gets captured in Theta by a Proxy where he's living as Simon-1 with Ashley again.

Other than that, here are some things where I'm still looking for answers/validation:

1) Where did the WAU originate from, was it an AI constructed by humans as an experiment before the asteroid hit the earth?

2) Some notes in Omicron say that the WAU tried all it could to get to Ross's body in order to keep him alive. But at that point Ross already wanted to stop the WAU, so why did it try to get to him to keep him alive instead of letting him die?
Or did I understand it wrong and it wanted to kill him because he was kept alive by the other people at Omicron?

3) Isn't Catherine-2 (and Simon-2 for that matter) infected by / linked to the WAU? If so, why was Catherine-2 still determined to launch the ARK instead of using Simon-2 to do stuff for the WAU?
And wouldn't that imply that the WAU got on the ARK when she copied herself onto it?
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2015, 11:35 AM by humanoid.)
09-26-2015, 11:12 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [MASSIVE PLOT SPOILER DISCUSSION] - WAU - by humanoid - 09-26-2015, 11:12 AM