Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MASSIVE PLOT SPOILER DISCUSSION] - WAU
RossisBoss Offline

Threads: 1
RE: [MASSIVE PLOT SPOILER DISCUSSION] - WAU

(09-26-2015, 01:46 PM)1minus1is0 Wrote: Also I feel like i just read a fanfic. Eh.

I share this feeling. You can not sympathize with WAU. Its reasoning was very black and white and Ross' entire gripe was about how dangerous a machine trying to process and decide what constitutes living was. WAU was fine with reviving corpses. It was fine with merging living people with nearby machinery. I don't see how anyone can look at characters like Amy and think, "Yeah, stopping WAU is unreasonable and Ross is the dick!" If you don't do as Ross asks, it's very likely that WAU would simply continue on with its experiments, creating more Simons (and others, considering the library of brain scans it now controls). Not to mention the environmental impact it was having on sea life.

Also as I recall the WAU was originally created for the purpose of maintaining the structure gel that was holding most of the living/working places together under water. Things began to take a turn for the worse when WAU began to spread structure gel not only around itself, but on people.
09-27-2015, 03:43 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [MASSIVE PLOT SPOILER DISCUSSION] - WAU - by RossisBoss - 09-27-2015, 03:43 AM