Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
[2015] What Are You Working On? Community Screenshots & Videos
PathOS Offline

Threads: 11
RE: [2015] What Are You Working On? Community Screenshots & Videos

(10-04-2015, 02:33 AM)Robosprog Wrote: The Amnesia modding community was moderately active from say, 2013 onwards - but it died down as soon as the promise of having your mod shown off to millions of people vanished. What it meant was that the quality of mods rose dramatically in most cases, but the actual quantity decreased. The community only really died completely around 2014 onwards as most of the more experienced modders left for better pastures or to universities to study the skills they had learnt.

It's actually pretty interesting to look at what happened to the forums, honestly, and how the "idols" of the past vanished.
Off-topic, but can you point me towards the "Quality" mods/stories that came out after 2013? Most of the highly-rated/highly-viewed mods I found on Moddb are from 2011-2013. Feel free to PM since that's OT

So back in the "heyday", the main driving force of the mod community was because of the Youtube personas like Pewdz? Hmm, I could see how that could be somewhat frustrating Tongue

I really hope that Frictional will try to "engage" the consumerbase somehow and drive up interest in modding SOMA. I mean, there's a ton of content in this game that can be repurposed and re-done or altered. It'd be shame if it is never realized to its full potential.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 02:48 AM by PathOS.)
10-04-2015, 02:47 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [2015] What Are You Working On? Community Screenshots & Videos - by PathOS - 10-04-2015, 02:47 AM