Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Language Files in Dev Mode
triadtimes Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Language Files in Dev Mode

Something that I have also found is that when I reload the game using F5/the debug console terminals act differently. If I reload the game while using SomaDev.bat to test adding or removing emails then the changes will go through, however, if I reload the game using the mod launcher version my changes will not go through until I fully restart the mod.

I guess this (and my original issue) is because SomaDev.bat uses the an edited version of the original Soma main_int.cfg and my mod would use it's own main_int.cfg. Maybe the convention for naming files or folders is location specific? e.g. when the original main_int.cfg says BaseLanguageFolder = "config/" it means redist/config/, whereas when my mod's main_int.cfg says BaseLanguageFolder = "config/" it means mymod/config/.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Just tried changing the settings for SomaDev.bat to point to my mod's main_int.cfg using

Soma.exe -user Dev -cfg mods/triad_test/config/main_init.cfg

It loaded up a new instance of the game (i.e. put me back to fullscreen, had me pick gamma settings). After hitting New Game and after the loading brain icon disappeared I was stuck on a black screen with the loading ambient noises. I couldn't move, turn on flashlight, open up the escape menu. After about a minute I shut it down using the task manager.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 06:18 PM by triadtimes.)
09-29-2015, 06:10 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Language Files in Dev Mode - by Romulator - 09-28-2015, 06:33 AM
RE: Language Files in Dev Mode - by triadtimes - 09-28-2015, 06:38 PM
RE: Language Files in Dev Mode - by triadtimes - 09-29-2015, 06:10 PM
RE: Language Files in Dev Mode - by triadtimes - 09-30-2015, 12:16 AM