Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you want the early 2013 SOMA beta (Vertical Slice), along the deleted scenes from the Transmissions series to be published?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
84.62%
11 84.62%
No
15.38%
2 15.38%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SOMA Vertical Slice (early beta from 2013) - inside SuperSecret folder
Omnitool Offline

Threads: 16
RE: SOMA Vertical Slice (early beta from 2013) - inside SuperSecret folder

(09-29-2015, 09:48 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I think many things in the vertical slice video were even better than in the final game. The voice acting hears by far more "dramatic", the atmosphere in the ship wreck is more danger at all. Monster music is very creepy and so many locations were different. They re-worked A LOT! From the 5 years development it seems like they wasted 1-2 years with early stuff that got finally cutted out or re-done. I like the final game, but the vertical slice feels more horror.

It sort of reminds me a lot of Penumbra Black Plague for some reason...Judging by the content found in the vertical slice video and artwork folders, I thing Simon would have had a nightmare / hallucination similar to Philip, where he would revisit his appartment and memories of his life. Maybe it would be just like when Philip had to survive the hallicination in order to resist infection from the Tuurngait virus (the "dream" was the way your mind interpreted the virus getting over), in Simon's case the WAU would try to assimilate his mind and it would interpret it as a dream, which if he escaped he would escape the assimilation attempt.
09-29-2015, 10:01 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: SOMA Vertical Slice (early beta from 2013) - inside SuperSecret folder - by Omnitool - 09-29-2015, 10:01 PM