Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SPOILERS] - Your scariest part of the game
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: [SPOILERS] - Your scariest part of the game

In theta labs (the one where you have to fix the elevator) I had been sneaking around for quite some time. I was not certain how to progress and had tried to break that window that was fractured many times, without success. At this point I was fairly confident that the enemy would only show up for real if I made noise. So when I walked around the corner with an object in my hand ready to give it another go he shocked me quite a bit and I ended up dropping what I was holding and was like "Oh shit". I ran down the corridor and turned left into a dead end, having no idea how far behind me he was. I crouched down hoping I had shacked him off, but the chase dragged out a lot, so I was just sitting there with my eyes against the wall, praying he will not come for me.

Judging by the comments around the forum, I'm probably one of the few people who did not find the abyss that scary. While I can understand that others being thrown into a super dark environment, with enemies that can attack from any direction would be kinda terrified, my "dev thinking mind" kinda just switched on down there, telling me that because odds were so bad, the game would now go easy on me. Add to that the fact I had seemingly no relyable way of dealing with these enemies I cant see and have barely anywhere to hide from, meant I just rushed most of the time down there. But while the Abyss was not exactly the scariest part, I still loved it for how intense and confusing it was to go through.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015, 08:18 PM by WALP.)
10-06-2015, 08:04 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SPOILERS] - Your scariest part of the game - by WALP - 10-06-2015, 08:04 PM