Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Accolades Trailer & "10 Days After Launch"
TiManGames Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Accolades Trailer & "10 Days After Launch"

(10-01-2015, 06:44 PM)Slanderous Wrote:
(10-01-2015, 02:00 PM)AlterVision Wrote: Nice Big Grin Am I right or did it even score better then Amnesia?
A well deserved score, it would have deserved even more (at least 9.5).
With all its bells and whistles Alien Isolation hardly got an 8.5 (source: metacritic).

Maybe the big gaming companies like EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Valve and all the AAA title makers out there could learn something of this! WATCH AND LEARN!!
Instead of making crappy FPS and MOBA multiplayers that force you to throw real money on stupid useless skins for a knife or pistol or for an in game character that does NOTHING and where the gameplay consists of frantically clicking the left mouse button until the paint on it fades, and instead of even crappied IOS / Android games where you must pay real money to progress in a game where you only tap and tilt the screen with some lame 2D handdrawn graphics with no kind of story or plot, please make something of quality, like SOMA!

It took a team of maybe less then 20 people to make this masterpiece using their own built game engine, and probably less then 5% of the budget of a single Call of Duty game!
It's been over 10 days since release now and people are still discussing it on the forums like in the first day! I've read posts by people saying they replayed it 5 times!

I tell you, SOMA is going to be a phenomenon, like The Matrix, Half-Life or any other great hit out there! It will be discussed for decades, books will be written, fan theories will pour all over the internet, mods and fan movies will be made!

You know, there's a chance that without Valve we wouldn't have Amnesia and SOMA now. So show some respect to the people that master the terms of video games design.

There's also a chance without YouTube we wouldn't have SOMA now.

This forum is dead
10-01-2015, 06:53 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Accolades Trailer & "10 Days After Launch" - by TiManGames - 10-01-2015, 06:53 PM