Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which of these answers describes best how you felt about SOMA's monsters?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Not scary at all and very easy to get past.
0%
0 0%
Just an annoyance.
3.93%
12 3.93%
A bit scary, but mostly annoying.
19.34%
59 19.34%
A bit scary and interesting to encounter
23.93%
73 23.93%
Very scary, but also a bit annoying
32.46%
99 32.46%
Very scary and interesting to encounter.
20.33%
62 20.33%
Total 305 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters
Zearox Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters

For the most part I just found them annoying and not very scary at all. You always knew when you entered an 'arena' where the monster was gonna chase you around. It always seemed to know where I was and then just hung around in the vicinity. Several times I just sat in a corner annoyed trying to get the monster to move somewhere. Also the screen disruption stuff you saw whenever you looked at one was insanely annoying.

Some of this is just wonky programming and I'm sure can be fixed with patches but the encounters themselves still aren't interesting. The monsters need to be more dynamic and there needs to be better hiding places. I don't wanna say that the monster sections felt forced or like an afterthought since you clearly put a lot of work into them, but they just simply didn't work for me.

My favorites part of this game was, as you've probably figured out by now, the sections without any monsters where you can explore, solve puzzles and so on. I always dreaded the next monster arena since my exploration was halted by this annoying creature. Some of these places had interesting stuff to read and see too but I missed some of it because the monster was there disrupting me.
10-05-2015, 07:06 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Vale - 10-05-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Zearox - 10-05-2015, 07:06 PM