Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which of these answers describes best how you felt about SOMA's monsters?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Not scary at all and very easy to get past.
0%
0 0%
Just an annoyance.
3.93%
12 3.93%
A bit scary, but mostly annoying.
19.34%
59 19.34%
A bit scary and interesting to encounter
23.93%
73 23.93%
Very scary, but also a bit annoying
32.46%
99 32.46%
Very scary and interesting to encounter.
20.33%
62 20.33%
Total 305 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters
BrothaAtlas Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters

I also chose 'a bit scary and interesting to encounter'. I think, for me, what made them so interesting was how they fitted into the story. I kept wondering if it was someone I had heard in audio logs or read about somewhere, and I loved that feeling! The mystery worked so good with the atmosphere too.

What I found quite scary, besides the awesome sound design, were the build up moments. Like before you encounter the diving suit and is notified that someone is coming in, I remember that giving me chills. The randomness of some enemies, as someone mentioned, was also quite thrilling.

The reason why I didn't choose 'very scary' is because I found many of the monsters quite easy to outmaneuver, and if I happened to eventually get caught, it felt like I wasn't really punished for it. It also felt like the encounters in the darker areas had more of an effect, as I had neither any clue of their whereabouts, nor what they in fact looked like
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 07:32 PM by BrothaAtlas.)
10-05-2015, 07:24 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Vale - 10-05-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by BrothaAtlas - 10-05-2015, 07:24 PM