Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which of these answers describes best how you felt about SOMA's monsters?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Not scary at all and very easy to get past.
0%
0 0%
Just an annoyance.
3.93%
12 3.93%
A bit scary, but mostly annoying.
19.34%
59 19.34%
A bit scary and interesting to encounter
23.93%
73 23.93%
Very scary, but also a bit annoying
32.46%
99 32.46%
Very scary and interesting to encounter.
20.33%
62 20.33%
Total 305 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters
GhylTarvoke Offline

Threads: 14
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters

I'm a wuss. Blush "Very scary, but also a bit annoying."

Construct: One of the two sympathetic monsters. Interesting sounds and movement. Not particularly scary, except when the searchlight shines in your face.

Swimmer: The other sympathetic monster. Not particularly scary, but says some disturbing things.

Flesher: Very scary, with its whale-like sounds, teleportation, and explicit don't-look-at mechanic. Unexpectedly seeing it on the ocean floor is panic-inducing. The CURIE section is far too long, though (long enough to get sick of it).

Proxy: Scary. Paradoxically, its blindness makes it more scary; I'm not sure why. The server room is bad (not knowing where it is, and hearing it long before you see it), and the nest is worse (the tensest part of the entire game).

Akers: Very scary and unnatural-looking. A formidable opponent. Again, its blindness somehow makes it more scary.

Robot Girl: Scary, mainly because it took me a while to figure out. Not having an enemy react to you is very unsettling. The one-hit kill in the last encounter is a bit cheap.

Leviathan: Looks super-cool and serves the plot, but isn't that scary. Its first appearance is the best: seeing it loom in the distance, barely visible, is a great moment.

Fangtooth: Not that scary, but made me panic.

Anglerfish: My favorite part of the entire game.

Yoshida: The scariest enemy, even though it fits cleanly into the "zombie" category. The music, the way it walks, the way it stands still, its near-omniscience, and the doors that open painfully slowly are all contributing factors.

I would've liked to see other monsters (e.g. the one from the teaser), but there were already more than I expected.
10-06-2015, 12:31 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Vale - 10-05-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by GhylTarvoke - 10-06-2015, 12:31 AM