Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which of these answers describes best how you felt about SOMA's monsters?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Not scary at all and very easy to get past.
0%
0 0%
Just an annoyance.
3.93%
12 3.93%
A bit scary, but mostly annoying.
19.34%
59 19.34%
A bit scary and interesting to encounter
23.93%
73 23.93%
Very scary, but also a bit annoying
32.46%
99 32.46%
Very scary and interesting to encounter.
20.33%
62 20.33%
Total 305 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters

I think the monsters themselves are really cool and can be scary, but I feel like you don't spend enough time with the monsters to really start to fear them. Usually you only meet a monster a maximum of twice in the entire game per chapter before it switches to a completely new creature. After going through the monsters in their appropriate sections I always felt like I wanted to see them again after, and it felt a little unsatisfying after that.

What made me fear the monsters in your previous game, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, was the fact that the monsters were usually one step behind you all the time, and that you never knew when they would come back again, and of course, they were around for longer.

In SOMA, the monsters don't really get a proper introduction aside from hints to what they are before you meet them. Which is where Amnesia excelled at by making you fear their presence once you saw how atrocious they looked, and how horrifying you sounded.

A small point of mine is that there isn't a proper way of hiding from the monsters, which is understandable since most of the enemies don't immediately chase you once they see you, but for some enemies like the Construct, and the Deep Suit Diver, it would have been nice to have some kind of closet to hide in some rooms.

Last thing I want to say, is that the cyborg lady in Omicron seems exploitable, all you would have to do to pass it is just take a step, wait for it to calm down, take a step, wait for it to calm down, repeat until you get battery and leave her vicinity.

There is potential for these monsters cause they're really cool, but I wish they were implemented into the game better by making them around more often.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
10-30-2015, 09:11 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Vale - 10-05-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Macgyverthehero - 10-30-2015, 09:11 PM