Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which of these answers describes best how you felt about SOMA's monsters?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Not scary at all and very easy to get past.
0%
0 0%
Just an annoyance.
3.93%
12 3.93%
A bit scary, but mostly annoying.
19.34%
59 19.34%
A bit scary and interesting to encounter
23.93%
73 23.93%
Very scary, but also a bit annoying
32.46%
99 32.46%
Very scary and interesting to encounter.
20.33%
62 20.33%
Total 305 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters
srsCookie Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters

I would vote "Scary, but very easy to get past."
I've been looking at some "Let's plays" lately, and while most people play SOMA the way it's meant to be played (hiding, not looking at monsters, being very careful not to make any noise etc.), there are some players that just don't give a crap about monsters, because they're too forgiving if you manage to screw up. And it gets pretty ridiculous with what you can get away.

To give an example:
This dude..

He goes to the monster, get's KO'd, picks up the objective, gets KO'd again, wakes up and screws with it some more, gets KO'd again and walks away. What? I mean.. what?? What's the point in having monsters at all then?
I have no idea why we get another chance in the first place. If you get caught you die. Simple. Otherwise it completely breaks the tension. Why would I even bother? There should be an incentive for staying alive (or in this case, not getting KO'd), and here, there is none.

Also this. Oh come on.. Sad The AI needs a lot of work.
Otherwise I LOVE the game. I just wish the death mechanic would be more punishing - we're all gamers after all.
01-13-2016, 02:50 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Vale - 10-05-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by srsCookie - 01-13-2016, 02:50 AM