Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which of these answers describes best how you felt about SOMA's monsters?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Not scary at all and very easy to get past.
0%
0 0%
Just an annoyance.
3.93%
12 3.93%
A bit scary, but mostly annoying.
19.34%
59 19.34%
A bit scary and interesting to encounter
23.93%
73 23.93%
Very scary, but also a bit annoying
32.46%
99 32.46%
Very scary and interesting to encounter.
20.33%
62 20.33%
Total 305 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters

My two cents is that I wish I could set a harder difficulty for the monsters at times. The proxy (EDIT: I was wrong - it was apparently Akers.) comes to mind: When you first encounter the proxy, it's outside Cath's new lab, in a large area, and it wasn't even CLOSE to get me. I've played Alien: Isolation, so when the game instructed me to be quiet, I was crawling alongside the floor, carefully avoiding to even TOUCH beakers, be careful about the sound that opening and closing doors would make, the sound that the recording device made, thinking its augmented senses would pick up EVERYTHING. I expected a monster with PERFECT hearing, full eyesight in light, and some eyesight in darkness, and sure, why not proxy damage through walls as well?

There was one point where I fear quitted the game, and went to watch a walkthrough before daring to continue: It was when you were at the Escher ship wreck. You see a hammerhead shark overhead. I was afraid to pass underneath it, I "knew" that I was going to encounter it as I climbed the wreck, so when there was time to go outside of the wreck briefly, I thought that I would have to avoid it. It was kind of disappointing in hindsight, that I didn't even get a glimpse of it casually passing by just outside the railing. That would have been face whitening. By comparison, the later worm fish didn't feel scary.

The most scary monster, was probably the diving suit monster, because of how unnaturally fast it walks, as if it was possessed by a demon.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2016, 07:37 PM by Cranky Old Man.)
01-13-2016, 02:51 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Vale - 10-05-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Cranky Old Man - 01-13-2016, 02:51 AM