Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which of these answers describes best how you felt about SOMA's monsters?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Not scary at all and very easy to get past.
0%
0 0%
Just an annoyance.
3.93%
12 3.93%
A bit scary, but mostly annoying.
19.34%
59 19.34%
A bit scary and interesting to encounter
23.93%
73 23.93%
Very scary, but also a bit annoying
32.46%
99 32.46%
Very scary and interesting to encounter.
20.33%
62 20.33%
Total 305 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters
Noble81 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters

(10-05-2015, 06:37 PM)Thomas Wrote: Hi all!

Now that SOMA has been out for two weeks, would be nice to do a poll on an important subject: How did you feel that the monster encounters worked?

Obviously, this is a bit more complicated than answering one out of six answers, but please select which one feels most correct to you. Also, if you feel like it please write more about it below.

I thought for the most part they were excellent. A couple of times I felt a bit cheated, mainly in the area where you need to get the elevator working again. I would lose the monster and magically it would be back on me again even if I had not made a sound and snuck. Although I do appreciate this was probably a design choice to keep tension.

The screaming female was amazing, how could someone not be terrified when it comes for you in the corridor once you have everything you need to activate the suit! I had cold sweats once the door was closed!

Also the one where the door with the multi locks near the end was scary, even though I knew it was coming from reading the data entry showing there was one power suit still active and it was in the area (built tension).

Being scary is the hardest thing though because it relies heavily on who the player is, how immersed they are in the game and how they are playing. Are they playing at night? Head phones? I only played the game in the dark at night with headphones, which in my opinion is essential for all games like this to work. I would answer not scared at all if I played at lunch time on a sunny day with the sound coming out of a tv screen.

I loved how every monster had a different way of hunting you as well, be it by sight or movement etc. Perhaps in the next game give the character more ways of dealing with them then just sneaking and the rare opportunity to trap it.

thanks
01-15-2016, 12:16 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Vale - 10-05-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Noble81 - 01-15-2016, 12:16 PM