Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which of these answers describes best how you felt about SOMA's monsters?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Not scary at all and very easy to get past.
0%
0 0%
Just an annoyance.
3.93%
12 3.93%
A bit scary, but mostly annoying.
19.34%
59 19.34%
A bit scary and interesting to encounter
23.93%
73 23.93%
Very scary, but also a bit annoying
32.46%
99 32.46%
Very scary and interesting to encounter.
20.33%
62 20.33%
Total 305 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters
Silent Krabs Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters

(10-05-2015, 06:37 PM)Thomas Wrote: Hi all!

Now that SOMA has been out for two weeks, would be nice to do a poll on an important subject: How did you feel that the monster encounters worked?

Obviously, this is a bit more complicated than answering one out of six answers, but please select which one feels most correct to you. Also, if you feel like it please write more about it below.

While I think the monster designs in Soma were your best work, and the monsters in your other games pale in comparison to them, I would agree with the likes of George Weidman on one detail that I found disappointing: all of the monsters use the same animations.

It can become rather repetitive the moment you notice all the monsters walk like decapitated chickens, and generally move in a manner reminiscent of human beings. Imagine how frightening the monsters could've been if they slithered on the walls like snakes, or contorted themselves into unnatural shapes in order to swing on the ceilings. The more inhuman and unnatural the monsters are, the more disturbing and memorable they are.

That's my perspective on the matter anyway.
02-06-2016, 07:06 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Vale - 10-05-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: Official Poll Regarding SOMA's Monsters - by Silent Krabs - 02-06-2016, 07:06 AM