The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interaction
molivier Offline

Threads: 1
Interaction

SOMA is quite an achievement. Thanks for creating a game with subtle, nuanced moral choices that neither branch the narrative, nor unlock additional content, but instead enhance the color and tone of the entire experience.

SPOILERS FOLLOW

If i might make a small suggestion for any future endeavors, or future iterations of SOMA. There were a handful of moments where additional interaction or dialogue might have enhanced emotional resonance. A couple examples:

1. After you've disabled life support for the last human in the Infirmary: I really wanted the option to to hold her hand in the final moments. I was genuinely surprised that my cursor didn't change when i passed it over her hand hanging limp. I think the contrast of the thick, diving suit hand and her delicate human hand would have emphasized the themes of body, humanity, etc.

2. Upon unplugging Amy in the Tram Station: I expected Simon to panic a bit more upon killing the first apparent "human" in the game. After unplugging the second cable he responds with "Oh fuck", but i expected something a little more frantic like, "Fuck fuck fuck fuck....no no no" as he suddenly realizes he's just KILLED a person. I was also hoping for a vocal response if the character tried to reconnect the pointed cables to the power terminal...a panicked "come on, come on....reconnect...i'm sorry!". I only mention this because upon realizing i'd killed Amy, my first action was an attempt to plug the cable back in. Some frustrated panicked dialogue would have enhanced the moment.

Just a couple ideas to increase immersion.

Great job overall
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2015, 03:33 AM by molivier.)
10-07-2015, 09:18 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Interaction - by molivier - 10-07-2015, 09:18 PM
RE: Interaction - by WALP - 10-07-2015, 09:28 PM
RE: Interaction - by molivier - 10-07-2015, 09:35 PM
RE: Interaction - by jamman39 - 10-08-2015, 02:19 AM
RE: Interaction - by molivier - 10-13-2015, 07:44 PM