Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Working Amnesia-Style Inventory System (In Progress)
TiManGames Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Working Amnesia-Style Inventory System (In Progress)

(10-19-2015, 01:15 PM)Abion47 Wrote:
(10-19-2015, 01:04 PM)TheTieMan Wrote: Maybe when you save and exit, the game needs modules to save the inventory parameters (memory data). Maybe you didn't create them so the game crashes.

That was the first thing I thought, but I looked back at the PlayerToolHandler class that I based a lot of my decisions on how to handle the journal and inventory data on, and that class doesn't seem to have a whole lot of anything special dedicated to saving its states. (And that would be a very important system to be able to save properly. Imagine loading a save in the middle of the level and discovering your omnitool was gone.)

Also, if it was a matter of not saving something that should've been saved, then wouldn't that mean that I would just load up again and the stuff was simply missing? Hardly a desirable position to be sure, but I doubt that if it were something like that it would result in a hard crash. I suspect it's something more along the lines of it trying to save something that doesn't want to be saved.

Run the exe on debuger program and see what is activated when the game crashes.
Look in the call tree and see what functions are activated.

This forum is dead
10-19-2015, 02:04 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working Amnesia-Style Inventory System (In Progress) - by TiManGames - 10-19-2015, 02:04 PM