Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I play AMFP without having played TDD?
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: Can I play AMFP without having played TDD?

I would recommend you to play AMFP first because the developer is different. You will notice it to be slightly/very different from TDD and that's why many people either disliked or purely hated the game. Same thing with Penumbra: Requiem. It's a bit "meh", but fun as it is, if you know what you are getting into.

I have to say I didn't like the gameplay of AMFP to the degree I liked TDD and previous titles. Music, sound, story, environment and all that is great but gameplay and the complete feel wasn't like it has been since 2007. Sure, you can pick up some items and roll them around to investigate, like always, but like 50% of the items are untouchable and most cabinets are empty, making searching and the pleasure of finding stuff even less worthwhile.

I haven't played SOMA yet, but I would find it weird if Frictional Games chose to go like this... Therefore I will throw out, based on my previous experience, that you will find AMFP to be different gameplay-wise.

As a last thing, don't get me wrong. It's still a good game and I recommend you to play it. Just not like you would play its predecessor... and yes, you can play it before TDD because they have nothing in common, except name and universe.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2015, 02:34 PM by Yuhaney.)
10-17-2015, 02:32 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can I play AMFP without having played TDD? - by Yuhaney - 10-17-2015, 02:32 PM