Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things you may not have noticed (spoilers ahoy!)
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43
RE: Things you may not have noticed (spoilers ahoy!)

I think I agree with cantremember, in that I don't believe Akers is supposed to be escaping the rooms via the vents and is instead just despawning after a period of "inactivity" then respawning elsewhere, as he does throughout the rest of the level (unless you do something to keep him active, like making noise or keeping him in view). Here's why I believe this to be the case:

Spoiler below!
  • You can hear noises in the vents above you from the second you arrive in the level, but these noises are audible even when Akers is already walking around on the floor, so they can't be related to him.
  • There are no openings or hatches on the vents in any of the rooms from which he "escapes", for instance the medical bay and the conference room (and there doesn't appear to be any indication of such when you look at the map in the Level Editor).
  • If you lock him in a room, then make sure to keep him "active" by periodically throwing stuff at the door to piss him off or to make him curious, he doesn't "escape" and remains in the room for as long as you want to keep him there. I also tried throwing stuff down the corridor (still within earshot of Akers) to see if that would make him wanna escape and investigate, but he still remained in the room.
  • When you update the chip and are making your way back to the elevator with Akers locked in one of the rooms, you will cause the chase music to trigger and the monster's screaming to start without him actually being able to get to you, assuming you made sure to keep him "active" as I said before. If he was able to escape, surely he'd do it then.
I think Akers escaping the room is a bug/oversight. If it's not a bug, and this is his intended behaviour, I think FG needs a swift kick in the bollocks for it Cool

11-13-2015, 08:38 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things you may not have noticed (spoilers ahoy!) - by Paddy™ - 11-13-2015, 08:38 PM