Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The November 2015 Paris Terrorist Attacks
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: The November 2015 Paris Terrorist Attacks

I'm sure attacks in Syria are well documented and reported in Syria itself. It's more local news. Syria is far away from the West, and so we have little influence there and get little influenced by what happens there. It sucks, but in all honesty it doesn't affect us, and so it's difficult to force oneself to care about it.

Paris is another deal, because it's something we all know and love. It happened in Paris, and it's comparable to any other modern western place. It could've happened in your own hometown. The similarity is frightening for the people of the West, because it's a familiar environment.

And yes, as sad as it is, it is for the West by now expected to be like this in Syria. It's not news that another target was bombed because it happens all the time. Not everything can be news. It's mostly just the unexpected.

There are some people blaming the immigration for these attacks, but I saw a comment that sums it up pretty well: "For those who blame the immigrants for these attacks, don't you see that these are the people the immigrants are trying to run away from?" I do agree with it, but at the same time I can't feel like the immigration itself had no effect on this. The whole immigration situation is a huge decoy for extremists to slip past the guards and into the West. Some even say the whole movement is for this exact purpose, and that that is why ISIS is bombing Syria. I don't quite believe that, but I see no reason to fully doubt it either. ISIS is powerful. They are also very smart. If you needed to hire an insider, they would be the people to talk to.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2015, 01:13 PM by Mudbill.)
11-16-2015, 08:55 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The November 2015 Paris Terrorist Attacks - by Mudbill - 11-16-2015, 08:55 AM