Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: What do you think of SOMA's old story and cut content?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
It's nice but I prefer the final version.
66.67%
12 66.67%
Awful, glad they changed things.
16.67%
3 16.67%
I prefer the old story elements, but the final release is still better.
11.11%
2 11.11%
I prefer the story in the final version, but this version looked and sounded cooler.
0%
0 0%
Oh god, why couldn't we have had this game?
5.56%
1 5.56%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So what did everyone think of the 'old SOMA' and the Verticle Slice material?
Danimelo03 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: So what did everyone think of the 'old SOMA' and the Verticle Slice material?

"I doubt it was the WAU's first attempt at human genetic manipulation in either version of the game. The WAU is clearly not suited to carry out bio-engineering beyond creating dangerous bio-weapons, I bet the Umbrella corporation would love to get its hands on it."
[/quote]

Well, i didn't write anything about genetic manipulation. I don't know where you read it. but it was not in my previous comment.

Ok, I think I did not express myself well. My theory is:

1) in 2013, Frictional made the "vertical slice", a pre-alpha version of a game without a name in which that tentacles that appear in real time during the gameplay are the mindcoral, a way the vertical-slice-version-WAU used to manifest in the real wolrd. Also, in "vertical slice", when the mindcoral "infect" a human, it becomes a mindcoral puppet.
There was no structure gel in this version, Frictional has not created structure gel yet.
And i'm not saying that the mindcoral was actually a coral, but the people from the Cabal gang could have nicknamed that tentacles as mind coral.

2) Later, in 2015, they made SOMA. There's no mindcoral and it never existed in the SOMA universe. Actually Frictional decided to cut off the mindcoral thing and cutt off the tentacles appearing at the screen in real time and replace it for structure gel. Now, when a human is "infected" by structure gel, it becomes a proxy.
Frictional probably reused the 3d models they built for mindcoral puppets (in the vertical slice) as the models for the proxies in SOMA. That's why you still find the name coral puppets in the game files.

Of course you don't have to agree with me, I'm just trying to make sure my theory was understood.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2015, 11:22 PM by Danimelo03.)
11-21-2015, 10:20 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what did everyone think of the 'old SOMA' and the Verticle Slice material? - by Danimelo03 - 11-21-2015, 10:20 PM