Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[SPOILERS] Penumbra Twilight of the Archaic discussion thread
Omnitool Offline

Threads: 16
RE: [SPOILERS] Penumbra Twilight of the Archaic discussion thread

(11-25-2015, 08:08 PM)HunchbackEnt Wrote: When did Frictional give their blessing to the project?

I'm not 100% sure about Twilight of the Archaic, but I know for sure that CounterCurrent Games were working together with Frictional to fix some bugs (there was a problem with the saving system) for the Necrologue mod.

Proof here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/penumbra-necro...lease-date
Quote:Dear friends! We're huge apologizing for the another delay of the release date. This is related to the critical bug affecting the save game files. Playing with this bug is difficult and uncomfortable, so we want to fix it. At the moment, we have been able to establish contact with Frictional Games and report a bug engine and they agreed to help us. As for the other bugs and flaws of the game, they have already been fixed, so we hope that the release will not be delayed for long. Thank you for understanding.

The game was also featured on Frictional Games's website for the Penumbra series as a "semiofficial" fourth Penumbra game and a conclusion to Philip's story.

Given this facts, I am sure that FG also agreed with Twilight of the Archaic...
It is similar to how Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is related to Amnesia: The Dark Descent, even thugh AAMFP is made by another developer, it is still set in the same universe as a parralel story and FG supported and promoted it!
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2015, 12:48 PM by Omnitool.)
12-02-2015, 12:47 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SPOILERS] Penumbra Twilight of the Archaic discussion thread - by Omnitool - 12-02-2015, 12:47 PM