Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Series Ending Discussion (spoilers)
naturon Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Penumbra Series Ending Discussion (spoilers)

(06-29-2010, 02:23 AM)Peanuckle Wrote: I agree with the decision to destroy the Tuurngait. The hive mind tells you that it infected and "helped" key people in humanity's history, so why should it decide to remain isolated now? A hive mind can't exist without hosts, so the Tuurngait must constantly search for new people to infect or else perish. When the researchers cracked the tomb open, the virus was more than happy to infect everything and destroy any survivors. Why should it be so hostile to people who merely want to understand it?

Another reason I agree with Philip's choice is that despite your father fulfilling his end of the agreement, he still ends up dead. Did the Tuurngait kill him or did he commit suicide? Shouldn't the Tuurngait have helped him escape the facility after he sent the message?

The hive mind claims that humanity is the invader. However, we developed on this world naturally, whereas the Tuurngait virus arrived on a meteor or something like that.

I wonder who Philip sends the message to.

I think it may be the linguistics professor who was mentioned in the beginning of Overture. I think Phillip said they were good friends.
06-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Penumbra Series Ending Discussion (spoilers) - by naturon - 06-29-2010, 01:05 PM